Nosara Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics®
100-hour Yoga Therapeutics Teacher Training
» 2014 Dates and pricing
- Arrival March 9 - Departure March 22, 2014
All-inclusive package price includes tuition, accommodations, 2 meals a day, airport shuttle and gratuities:
View Accommodations Options
Price per person:
- Dormitory (3 to 6 persons, shared bath) per person: $2,650
- Double accommodations with shared bath per person: $2,940
- Double Deluxe (private bath) per person: $3,215
- Semi-Private accommodations with shared bath per person: $3,890
- Private accommodations with private bath per person: $5,140
- Directed by Don Stapleton, Ph.D., Dean of Yoga Education, Author of Self-Awakening Yoga: The Expansion of Consciousness through the Body’s Own Wisdom
- 100-hr credit towards Nosara Yoga Institute 500-hr Certification applicable for Yoga Alliance Registry
- 100-hr credit towards Nosara Yoga Institute 1000-hr Certification (100 Yoga Alliance CEUs)
Based on the principles of Self-Awakening Yoga, as presented by Don Stapleton in his book, "Self-Awakening Yoga: The Expansion of Consciousness through the Body's Own Wisdom," the Nosara Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics® Teacher Training is a 100-hour immersion in self-awakening yoga that prepares yoga teachers and therapists with the professional experience, knowledge and therapeutic skills for expanding and individualizing the services you offer your students and clients.
Throughout the daily workshops, demonstrations, group movement exercises and partner sessions you will increase your repertoire of life-enhancing skills beyond modifying traditional yoga postures. You’ll learn how to introduce therapeutic movements that target specific imbalances and issues that are not always accessible through traditional postures themselves. When used in combination with the knowledge and experience you already have, you will be well prepared to offer therapeutic support that deepens personal yoga experience and greatly enhances the self-balancing and self-healing effects of your classes with students and individual clients.
Nosara Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics Addresses Common Learning Disabilities in Yoga
Knowledge and practice of Nosara Yoga Therapeutics addresses the common learning disabilities that keep us from efficiently and effectively learning from our own bodily experiences and that create imbalance, injury and disability. The methods of Nosara Yoga Therapeutics address these learning disabilities:
- Attention deficiency is transformed into heightened ability to focus attention and awareness for the purpose of learning from one’s own experience
- Dysfunctional relationship to pain is transformed into curiosity and willingness to explore discomfort in the body as a messenger from the body’s intelligence, rather than a punishment
- Inefficient patterned responses to stress and anxiety are transformed into self-confidence and relaxed awareness through creatively interacting with challenges
- Shallow, unconscious breathing is transformed into naturally deeper breathing synchronized with movement that supports deeply relaxed awareness
- Self-diagnosed limitations in physical capacity and mobility are transformed into freedom, flexibility and connection to greater experiences of energy and vitality
How does Nosara Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics Work?
The power of Nosara Self-Awakeing Yoga Therapeutics is grounded in the latest research in neuroscience and neurobiology that explores the self-learning process that arises from learning to focus mental awareness on the language of bodily sensation. Encoded in the body's memory from birth are natural patterns of movement that unfold through each stage of development. Many mental, emotional and physical factors interact in life that interfere and sometimes even prevent natural development.
You’ll be learning how to guide movement sequences that reveal fundamental insights into developmental patterns and neuromuscular alignment. Each developmental movement sequence begins with pleasurable and easy-to-practice actions that arise from moving in the way the body is designed to move and that result in the feeling of being at home within your own body. By slowing down and paying attention to the messages your body sends through increased sensation you are training yourself to focus your awareness on what is actually happening within your own bodily experience. You discover how to listen to the intelligence of your organism as it communicates through the sensations you notice.
What are the Therapeutic Results of Nosara Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics?
In this heightened state of meditative awareness you naturally discover possibilities in movement that you may have never noticed before. New pathways in the neuromuscular intelligence are forged through exploring movement that increases relaxed awareness and allows you to release deeply into the natural flexibility, mobility, and balance in your body – without producing strain or fatigue. Going slowly enough to allow the body to learn through experience you have the opportunity to respond to the internal inquiries, “What wants to happen?” “What wants to open?" “What would feel more pleasurable?” The result is that you establish the ability to witness yourself “As Is.”
Slowing down mental awareness establishes the practice of recognizing the effects of gravity on your body, your moods and your innate sense of wellbeing. Scanning your body for the sensations that arise in body time awakens the urge to move in unexpected and novel ways and carries you into deeper and deeper exploration—beyond the postures you learn in external yoga instruction. This self-exploration through movement naturally opens a deeper dimension in your yoga practice, “meditation-in-motion.”
As a result of releasing inefficient patterns of protection and imbalance, you will be freed from the illusion that “healing” exists outside of you. As a teacher or therapist, you are no longer bound by techniques, the authority of an expert, or even a pre-existing yoga system. Instead, accessing your inner teacher becomes a source of intuitive guidance that will expand your skills in the group classes you teach and bring a depth of insight into your individualized, one-on-one sessions with students and clients.
This 100-hr module, based on the wealth of knowledge and experience presented by Don Stapleton, Ph.D. in his book, Self-Awakening Yoga: The Expansion of Consciousness through the Body's Own Wisdom, is required in the 300- and 500-hr Nosara Yoga Institute Professional Level Certification, which is registered with the Yoga Alliance.
If you have questions regarding this specific training, or our curriculum in general, you may contact our Curriculum Advisor at