Yin Yoga Teacher Training - Embracing the Yin Path
50-hour Yoga Teacher Training
- October 26 - November 1, 2014
- Directed by , 500-ERYT
- 50-hr credit towards Nosara Yoga Institute 1000-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Certification
- 50 Yoga Alliance CEUs
Since the beginning of mankind, indigenous societies have sought guidance and understanding through the creation of archetypes—figures that exemplify the aspects of our being that are common throughout our human experience.
In this training, we will look at our journey as humans and teachers through the archetypes of Warrior, Healer, Teacher and Visionary, connecting them to the Taoist understanding of the relationship of Yin and Yang.
Using Yin Yoga, body meditation, and intentional sharing to help us experience these archetypes in ourselves, we will open to the wisdom of our own bodies and begin to feel where we may be out of balance. (Does our strong Warrior nature lack the heart of the Healer? Does our heart’s path lack the power of the Warrior? As the Teacher, are we open to our students finding their own path, or are we attached to the outcome of our teaching?)
From these philosophical foundations, we will then examine their practical applications, exploring the ways in which we can best support our students in their own journeys towards self-understanding, using creative and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning.
To create and hold space for peaceful acceptance is the privilege and the path of the Yin teacher. To this end, we will explore the following themes:
- The practice of holding space
- Body and energy literacy: Deepening our range of perception, learning to follow our inner teacher, and supporting others to do the same
- Embodiment: Grounding our teaching in our body
- Collaboration and community: Encouraging mutual support and peer learning, taking our practice into the world
- Self-realization and creativity: Exploring and developing our unique strengths and style as teachers
- Personal growth and mindfulness: Identifying and addressing our blind spots and ‘growing edges’ as teachers
- The use of story, poetry and metaphors to invite a deeper somatic experience
This 50-hour course is a complete and independent training. It is open to anyone who has taken the Yin Yoga – Taoism, Anatomy and Sequencing Training, as well as to any dedicated yoga student or teacher who is interested in deepening their practice.
If you are a new student, please contact Biff Mitoefer by email to discuss preparation for the training.
The two Yin Yoga trainings, Taoism, Anatomy and Sequencing, and Embracing the Yin Path, can be taken in any order. However, new students are encouraged to take Embracing the Yin Path first.
This training consists of 36 total contact hours. Students are required to do a minimum of 14 hours of independent study to complete the 50 credit hours.
Our all-inclusive package pricing includes:
- All tuition Fees
- Training materials
- Your choice of accommodations
- Two lacto-ovo, gluten-free, vegetarian meals per day
Price per person:
- Triple Shared Bath, per person: $1,490
- Double (shared bath) per person: $1,780
- Double Deluxe with Private Bath, per person: $2,200
- Semi-Private (shared bath) per person: $2,200
- Executive Private with king bed, per person: $3,150
Prices quoted in U.S. dollars. Taxes on meals and housing (13%) not included.
For further information on accommodations, click here.
Click here to register now, and select “Embracing the Yin Path.”
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us and we'll be glad to help.