Yin Yoga Teacher Training (Level 1)
50-hour Yoga Teacher Training
» 2013 Dates and pricing
- Arrival October 27 - Departure November 2, 2013
Includes tuition, training manual:
Price per person: $ 800
Click here to see Options
• Directed by Biff Mithoefer, 500-ERYT
• 50-hr credit towards Nosara Yoga Institute 1000-hr Certification (50 Yoga Alliance CEUs)
Yin Yoga uses long held postures that support us in accessing the deeper, more Yin parts of ourselves. In this 5-day training we will look at how this practice with its ancient yogic roots can affect our physical, energetic and emotional bodies. Through this understanding we will explore ways to lead a Yin class, and to incorporate Yin postures and philosophy into any practice.
Yin yoga is a very passive style of yoga. Simple seated poses are held for approximately 3 minutes to release the facia. This yoga is focused on the facia of the body to stimulate the meridians and prana flow. Where ashtanga and vinyasa are considered a Yang Experience, this yoga is on the opposite spectrum and considered Yin, very soft and meditative.
The training will include:
- Taoist philosophy
- The Yin practice of non-striving and how it influences our lives and our teaching
- The movement of Qi or Prana in the body, and how it can be affected by Yin practice.
- Anatomy and the understanding of our own natural pattern (li)
- Sequencing a Yin class
- What it means to hold a safe, sacred space for a Yin practice
The workshop is suitable for Yoga teachers and experienced practitioners who wish to deepen their Yin practice. It will qualify as 50 hours of credit for Nosara Yoga Institute graduates toward their 500 or 1000 hour Yoga Alliance Certification. Level 2 of this training module will be offered at Nosara Yoga Institute October 27 - November 1, 2014.
6:00-7:30am Morning Yoga Practice
10-1:00pm Morning Session
4-6:30pm Afternoon Session
Two Evening Sessions: 8-9:30pm
If you have questions regarding this specific training, or our curriculum in general, you may contact our Curriculum Advisor at